Hooton Online Privacy and GDPR Policy
The EU GDPR is a first step toward giving EU citizens and residents more control over how their data are used by companies. As we collect the personal information of people in the EU, we must comply with the GDPR, no matter where you are in the world.
Data protection principles
Hooton is committed to processing data in accordance with its responsibilities under the GDPR.
Article 5 of the GDPR requires that personal data shall be:
- processed lawfully, fairly and in a transparent manner in relation to individuals;
- collected for specified, explicit and legitimate purposes and not further processed in a manner that is incompatible with those purposes; further processing for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes shall not be considered to be incompatible with the initial purposes;
- adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed;
- accurate and, where necessary, kept up to date; every reasonable step must be taken to ensure that personal data that are inaccurate, having regard to the purposes for which they are processed, are erased or rectified without delay;
- kept in a form which permits identification of data subjects for no longer than is necessary for the purposes for which the personal data are processed; personal data may be stored for longer periods insofar as the personal data will be processed solely for archiving purposes in the public interest, scientific or historical research purposes or statistical purposes subject to the implementation of the appropriate technical and organisational measures required by the GDPR in order to safeguard the rights and freedoms of individuals;
- processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security of the personal data, including protection against unauthorised or unlawful processing and against accidental loss, destruction or damage, using appropriate technical or organisational measures.”
How we collect data, and type of data collected
The only data that is collected via the website (www.hooton.co) is through your browser's cookies (see Cookies Section below). This information collected by cookies, is not used by Hooton for any analytical means. All data is anonymised before it gets stored by Google Analytics.
Additionally, we do not collect any personal information via our website, and any information that is provided to Hooton is not shared with third parties. Where communications are sent to individuals based on their consent, the option for the individual to revoke their consent will be clearly available and systems will be in place to ensure such revocation is reflected accurately in the Hooton systems.
When collecting data, Hooton shall ensure that personal data are adequate, relevant and limited to what is necessary in relation to the purposes for which they are processed.
Is your data shared?
Hooton will not share your data with third parties, unless in special cases. In these cases, permission to share your information with third parties will be obtained from you prior to sharing any data.
How do we store your data?
Hooton securely stores your data on our Hooton cloud which is only accessible by Hooton employees. Our cloud is a safe and secure storage.
Hooton will keep your data for a certain period, and will thereafter archive your data.
What are your data protection rights?
Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access - You have the right to request from Hooton for copies of your personal data.
The right to rectification - You have the right to request that Hooton correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Hooton to complete information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure - You have the right to request that Hooton erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing - You have the right to request that Hooton restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing - You have the right to object to Hooton’s processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability - You have the right to request that Hooton transfer the data that we have collected to another organization, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us at our email: firstname.lastname@example.org
What are cookies?
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard Internet log information and visitor behaviour information. When you visit our websites (www.hooton.co), we may collect information from you automatically through cookies or similar technology. For further information, visit allaboutcookies.org.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
Functionality - Hooton uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
Analytics - Our Company uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. This information is analysed to improve our service.
Analytics: Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc.
_ga: This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to calculate visitor, session, campaign data and keep track of site usage for the site's analytics report. The cookies store information anonymously and assign a randomly generated number to identify unique visitors. Duration: 2 years
_gid: This cookie is installed by Google Analytics. The cookie is used to store information of how visitors use a website and helps in creating an analytics report of how the website is doing. The data collected including the number visitors, the source where they have come from, and the pages visited in an anonymous form. Duration: 1 day
_gat: This cookie is installed by Google Universal Analytics to throttle the request rate to limit the collection of data on high traffic sites. Duration: 1 minute
Necessary: Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously.
CraftSessionId: This cookie is used to maintain sessions across web requests via the PHP session cookie. Duration: session
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
How to contact us